Dry ice should always be handled with care and used in accordance to the material safety data sheet recommendations. One must always take proper safety precautions when handling, storing or transporting dry ice and always keep out of reach of children.
- Dry Ice should always be stored and used within areas with adequate ventilation. Dry Ice sublimates into Carbon Dioxide gas which can pose a suffocation hazard in confined areas.
- Use only with equipment and storage containers suitable for dry ice. Never store dry ice in a container with an air tight seal as it may burst.
- Dry Ice is extremely cold and can cause frostbite. Always wear proper protective clothing and avoid contact with exposed flesh. In case of prolonged contact with skin obtain medical treatment immediately.
- Dry ice is harmful if eaten or swallowed. If ingested, seek medical treatment immediately.
For more information regarding dry ice and safety, please call (314) 644-3500 or contact us.